United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Looks nice. Too bad you need to cut off the stock PCV hose for the install, that could be a problem for some people. The hose clamps should not be necessary as well since it is a low pressure system. Also, installing the drain hose parts may not be that advantageous as I can see it getting clogged fairly easily over time. My experience thus far with my BMS OCC is that I get an oily sludge residue that builds up in the bottom of the can (in addition to some water/condensation) between draining intervals. When I check my OCC at my oil change intervals, after I drain it, I always wipe out the bottom of the can to remove that sludge.

Also, completely removing the can with the brace installed is not that hard. I can remove, empty, and re-install my OCC in less than 15 min now - the Turner one seems like it should be just as easy to remove for draining. I thought about adding a drain tube at a later date, but decided it was not worth it after seeing the sludge in the bottom of the OCC. But the Turner OCC looks like it should perform effectively and it is nice to see multiple, quality options available for the consumer.

I have not posted an update as I have not seen anything too different than my previous drain intervals - I am at 45k+ miles now (just recently did my 45k mile oil and OCC service). I will say that the amount of condensation/water seems to be directly proportional to the ambient temps. My 40k mile oil change, which was during the summer, the OCC was dry. However, most of my oil changes during my ownership have occurred in the Fall, Winter and early Spring. I live in the mid-Atlantic area so we see all 4 seasons in this area. Those of you who live in consistently warmer climates may see different results - including less moisture in your OCC's.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)

Last edited by jmciver; 12-07-2019 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0