01-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #21
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
I'm hoping that they offer Le Mans Blue, Interlagos Blue, and/or Estoril Blue II in 2015, because that's when I'll be ordering mine. Maybe even San Marino Blue. Yaz Marina Blue reminds me too much of Laguna Seca Blue, the "Smurf" Blue.

Yeah, I have a thing for Blue Bimmers.
For having a "thing" for blue Bimmers, your color analysis is surprisingly poor. YMB doesn't have any green in it at all, so it is nothing like a turquoise or teal variant like LSB. Your comment about LSB looking like "smurf" blue says it all - that's a function of poor photo quality (usually found in low-quality cameras taking direct-sunlight pics), as LSB in the flesh (again, due to its green hue) doesn't look anything like smurf blue (or YMB) in the real world.

YMB may not look good to you in these pics, but the only current BMW blue it actually resembles is a mix between Estoril (for the shade and metallic effects) and Santorini (for the blue-purple hue). Estoril would barely look any different than YMB, just a little bit lighter and less bold.

I actually have a thing for Blue Bimmers as well (eight years running with an LSB M) so I am qualified to debunk your speculative chromatics. I will be ordering mine in either LSB or Atlantis Blue.