View Single Post
      11-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #26
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSpy View Post
When you talked about a basketball? I'm not a fan of soft leather like in the M4. It's prone to wear and tear. My friend took delivery of his M4 and the day he picked it up from the dealership, he was wearing jeans with big metal button pockets on the ass and he tore up the leather. I prefer the more durable leather like in the 2's. Also, your tone was very negative as though you were shitting all over me and my "downgrade" lol but your second post, the one I'm quoting here, was way better so I've removed the troll badge from you now in my mind because I can see you're a decent person. Let me also explain about what I was thinking with this move. You see, to me, the M4 was a compromise, not the M2. I had to go and spend all this money to get a V6 turbo M car. Now, I can spend a lot less to get a V6 turbo M car, and it makes me happy. I like the raw power without all the refinement and bells and whistles of the M3/4. I was wanting the buy the M2 in 2014 but it didn't exist. After they announced it and the dealers started taking orders I felt it was time to put my name on the list. 18 months later, it's now finally my turn, and I'm very glad. I'm also shocked to see how rare the M2 is, and how insane the demand is for it. The M4 is a production car in all its forms, they're now a dime a dozen. In fact, one major upset to me was to see how fast my 2 M4s depreciated. Not with the M2. The M2 will retain its value a lot more and be a rare car, something to be desired, maybe not as much as the 1M but surely more than the M3/4 series. To give you an example of this, go to Carmax and search for an M2. At the time of typing, there is only 1 and it costs 55,998 to buy it. THAT'S INSANE!! That's the price of a new one! My new one costs 55,850 the way I dressed it up. The only thing the one from Carmax has that mine doesn't is DCT. So if you factor that in, ($3k) that means it costs about 59k MSRP brand new. Have you ever seen a car depreciate at 5% when you drove it off the lot? I haven't. You lose at least 15% when you drive it off the lot, up to 30% depending on the car. The ironic thing is that you can now get a used M4 (MSRP $80) for about 55k with under 10k miles. Talk about depreciation. I change cars often, on average about once a year. It's nice to know that when I am going to want to dump the M2 (if ever haha!) I'm not going to lose my shirt like I did with both M4s.
Yeah thanks man, in no way was I meaning to belittle your change in car (I wouldn't call it a downgrade as each car has its purpose)

you're right, that dakota leather can take a lot of abuse and you wouldn't see a scratch, I remember in my wife's 428i Convertible, I would put bags, cat boxes, hard items, and the seats were like rock solid.

Additionally you're spot on about the M2 depreciating less. The thing is, where I live in Dubai, there are so many M4s for sale in the used car market it's not even funny, the cars are losing like up to 40% in the first year alone! I've never seen a car go down in value that much and so fast where as there are only 3 M2s for sale and they only went down by like 5-10% as you mention. Speaking of which,, over here in the Dubai BMW Dealership, out of all cars, the M2 is the only car which is not eligible for any corporate discount because of its rarity.

Keep us updated on your experience as I'd love to hear it.
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)

Last edited by Super Spartan; 11-20-2017 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 2
SteveSpy373.50
termigni1081.00