Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf View Post
Great video Thanks for sharing!!

I would say the M3 held it own taking into account the huge difference in horsepower!!!

Thanks again Sean
The M3 did very well considering a lot of things. The fact that it has 4 doors, is a great DD, and performs at this level is pretty impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbret View Post
Great video! Thanks for posting!

Do you think the M3 would have fared better if it had the competition package with CCB's?
I am not very familiar with the differences in the performance package VS the car I drove. I personally think CCB's are useless for tracking. CCB's are a street application. I have a decent bit of experience with carbon brakes and none of my experience leads me to believe they are a worthwhile upgrade for a track car.
My experience is the opposite of that. CCB's don't fade on the track but suck when cold or wet, i.e. dangerous on the street for an emergency stops under the above conditions. Steel brakes on the other hand, not so on the street but can warp rotors and melt pads ( stock) on the track, and this is from personal experience on both surfaces. So stock for stock, CCB>steel for track.
However there ARE aftermarket steel setups that could have the best of both IMO.
Of course driving style will make a huge diff.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0