01-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post

"It’s without a doubt the highest-performance road car M has built, but it also requires a LOT of talent to drive."

Sure that's a bold statement but at the very least it's encouraging to hear for those of us excited about the new car.

Encouraging, sure. But a statement like the one above makes me seriously question the guys credibility. Do we even know that he has driven every "performance road car M had ever built"? Under similar conditions? On a race track (as is the only true way to test these cars)? Or did he drive it from the Detroit auto show garage to the showroom floor? What are his credentials to make such swooping conclusions? More questions than answers really.

Nothing at all to do with BMWs reputation, as this is not an official press release from an M spokesperson. For all we know, this may have been a water cooler conversation lead by two guys hyped up on red bull. Everything to do with road and tracks credibility for even printing hearsay and smack talk by a un-identified "BMW employee".

I really want to believe this. I'm ready to get out of my e92 M3. But premature is the word here.

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 01-15-2014 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0