02-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #10
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz View Post
Thank you. Do BMWs have Connnected Drive in Dubai?
There are 2 dealerships in the United Arab Emirates.

in Abu Dhabi (The capital), they have dealership called Abu Dhabi Motors, all the cars they import from Germany have no Connected Drive and no RTTL (Traffic Info), when I asked if that can be added, they said no as the cars come like that from the factory and it can't be added.

In Dubai and other cities, the dealership is AGMC, and all their cars have ConnectedDrive and RTTL

so whenever I see a used BMW for sale and the owner proudly saying bought from Abu Dhabi Motors with 6 years warranty (yes, Abu Dhabi Motors offers 1 year extra warranty vs the 5 years that AGMC offers), I steer away knowing that's a car thats missing a very important feature to me at least. Not a lot of people know this I found out accidentally when I called them inquiring about the BMW M4 then when they sent me the VIN number of the one they had for sale and I checked the features on some VIN Decoder site, I asked the sales rep where is the Connected Drive and RTTL? He said all our cars come like that from Germany and the management has no interest to order the cars with that feature.
Appreciate 0