Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs View Post
"It feels staid and synthetic and, for me, it’s a huge disappointment. Not one person came forward in its defence."

This line right here from Top Gear magazine is pretty brutal for the M4. If I was not on this forum and I read that I'd be heading to the Chevy dealer right now and signing for a C7.

It seems they don't like it all. Not sure what to think about this. Aside from the fact that they like it as a "boulevard cruiser" they hate every other aspect of the car.

OK, so now we have a truly negative review. First real negative I've seen of this car yet !
No, it is misleading

First, short TG review gave it 9/10
Longer TG review sang its praises
Hammond likes it (review in mirror)
Clarkson likes it (said wants one)

The line you quote is from part of the speed week article. Was picked as one of best cars in 2014 (14 total) and that was whittled to 5, including M4 (to get there, beat Cayman GTS) Others in final group were 918, P1, C7 and VW golf.

In the end, against only kind of competitor in that group (measuring performance, remember, not general usefulness) it was not better than C7.

...but that car also delivered 'ass whipping' to E90 on track (said Edwards)

So, ok, as pure track or performance car, C7 is better.

But, that does not mean M4 is bad or they don't like it. The other 4 Top Gear reviews or comments on that car were full of praise.
Appreciate 0