View Single Post
      07-06-2022, 05:38 PM   #5
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosil Racer View Post
There seems to be an abundance of opinions about the amount of static weights needed to be used to properly align the wheels of a BMW. [and other german made cars.] I am particularly interested in the exact weights and proper placements of those for a 2015 F82 [Coupe] M4. NOTE this is about alignment not balancing of the wheels. Be specific about source. Thanks in advance.

Further investigation suggest that Ride height from center of Wheel to Top of Fender opening is the standard and the 2015-2020 M4 and M3 adaptive suspension does not specify a weight loading but rather a ride height for determining and setting wheel alignments. So does Anyone have a ride height Number for the F82?
If you're really a stickler for corner weighting properly and balancing the car for precise track alignment, the "center of wheel to fender" method won't work. Your alignment shop should have the ability to measure out the chassis precisely and use that as the baseline for any adjustments.

Sometimes, subframes are not perfectly mounted onto the frames and further more the fenders aren't ever symmetrically mounted either. For example, according to my alignment guy, the drivers side fender on my car sits an 1/8th inch higher than the passenger fender. So in my case, using the fenders for any kind of ride height assessment was actually off.

All the discussions I've read about "center of wheel to fender" measurements were in regard to the topic of ride height — not alignment.

Not sure if this information was useful to you.
Appreciate 2
THEROK1272.00
TopJimmy5498.50