View Single Post
      12-01-2023, 04:34 PM   #8
lateapex'er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i M-Sport

this was my experience with Gates Innovations.

October 2020 - Ordered F series key fob - Received key in 5 business days. Excellent product, communication, and turnaround time.

March 2023 - Key fob started having issues (Car would not recognize key) Replaced battery x2. George stated I could send it in as all purchases come with a lifetime warranty. While it was in, I asked for the housing to be updated to their latest version, and have my physical spare key cut as they now offered this service.

May 2023 - Response from Cory - Initial tests show your key is working. I will follow-up tomorrow evening

June 2023 - Sent a follow up, no response from business

June 30, 2023 - Received email from business apologizing for delay, cited ongoing legal issues with business partner and restock shipment arriving mid July. Resolution offer - "If you're ok with sticking through this, I'd be extremely grateful and will be sure to get your key back as soon as I have a components back in stock. Please let me know your thoughts and how you'd like to move forward." - I had already waited 4 months, I figured a few more weeks won't hurt as I've paid for a functional key.

Mid July 2023 - Sent a follow up, no response from business

August 2023 - Sent a follow up, no response from business

8/14/2023 - Got an email from George stating he received my key back (assuming the work was outsourced) and would be shipping out the next morning. Tracking number was also provided. I will provide a follow-up once my key is in hand.

8/20/2023 - I finally have my key in hand. Despite all the issues above, George did provide a personal apology and made things right in the end. I hope Gates Innovations resolves its business issues and returns to the company it once was in 2020.
Appreciate 0