11-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #1
Schuey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4 CP

DCT lurch/surge in first gear while in D mode

Hi Folks,

Hoping you can help me with an issue I seem to have developed on my 2017 M4 CP since this Friday after having the full 2017 software update done for the car taking it to integration level F020-17-11-521.

I never experienced this before pre-software update and my car is coming to a year old now with 5673 miles on the clock. I experience this surge/jerk only in 1st gear when driving in Auto mode D1 setting when revs are low between 1K - 1.5K. Just as I'm pulling off once moving at around 5-10mph it suddenly feels like a little jerk as if I've quickly dabbed the throttle again (but I haven't as I'm nice and smooth). I've given it a thorough test yesterday and I cannot replicate the issue in any of the following settings:

- Auto D2 or D3
- Manual mode, gearbox speeds 1, 2 or 3
- Manual mode S1, S2, S3

It only happens in 1st gear Auto mode D1 setting since the full 2017 software update. Does anyone else experience this or can share any feedback? It's one been 2 days since the update but it's ruining the driving experience for me. Could it be the car is learning my driving style again since the software update and will smooth out over the next few days or do you think there is a problem somewhere down the line? Thing is I never had any issues at all really pre software update so it all seems a bit of a coincidence. Plus as I cannot replicate issue in manual mode to me it suggests it's not a hardware issue

Many thanks in advance all, will appreciate any input.

Last edited by Schuey; 11-26-2017 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0