01-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #89
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
I'm pretty sure the m3 started as a sedan, not a coupe.

The entire point of bmw is the performance oriented daily driver.

sedans are more practical.
I don't know about everyone else, but nearly every day when I drive my car, I'm the only one in it. I don't know what's impractical about a coupe if that too is your situation. I would estimate that about 90% of my e92's usage occurs with just me in the car. The practicality argument just doesn't add up for me...

I can understand buying a sedan because it's less costly. I can see buying one if you really do cart around more than one other individual most of the time. I can see getting one if you think it looks better than the coupe (not likely, but you may think so).

As for doing the daily chores that one uses a car for, I have found it far easier to just use the trunk rather than the back seat. Indeed, I absolutely prefer to put things in the trunk and keep the passenger cabin free of "stuff." Stop the car, press the trunk release button with my toe, get out open the trunk, insert/remove whatever and close the trunk Life could not be simpler. The only think I might have used the back seat for (besides passengers) was the dry cleaning, but as the dry cleaners pick up and deliver, I don't use the car for that chore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0