captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
My lease is up July 4 so I am getting closer to the point where I need to make a decision on what to do next. I haven't had a convertible since my first car in the mid 1980s (a 1969 Plymouth Fury III, as pictured below but in much better condition than the one I had).

I am giving some serious consideration to trying an F83 for something a little different. I am hesitating a bit due to the likelihood of paying a premium for car even though it will probaby be too hot (with too many bugs) in the summer to have the top down much. But the winters will be fun and it's just a lease I can turn in after 3 years after all...

I don't need real back seats and my wife has an SUV for cargo if needed, so space isn't an issue. I'm too big for most 2-seaters and don't really want anything more extreme ride-wise.

So, as I rationalize away, give me some more potential negatives to talk me out of it F83 people.
The sun reflective leather that BMW uses on the convertible seats is very effective. The seats don't really get that hot.

This will be my third BMW retractable hardtop.

2007 335i
2015 M4
2018 M4 CP
Attached Images

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0