View Single Post
      06-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #345
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
If that was their plan, they would have just put a big ass turbo on their engines, like everyone else is doing.
Well that wouldn't be very reliable would it? So no, that solution would not work, hence why they take a unique approach to turbocharged engine design. And that of course takes R&D, but perhaps the results are not as visible on the engine's vital sheet, and perhaps some folks get touchy about such things.

Quote:
It was about making great engines, with instant throttle response
Which I truly think ended at the S65
Sounds to me like you won't be happy with any turbocharged engine at all, at least not in a factory performance car. If so then it looks like you're out of that market for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Anyway, my next car won't be an m3/4
After 4 M3s, I no longer see the point of buying them
What made them special is no longer true
So I don't see the need to pay such a premium
Well then I'm sure a tuned 335i will suit you fine. Just don't make the mistake of reading more about the next M when details are revealed, and reading reviews when people start bringing them home. And under no circumstances should you test drive one. Not that you'd even be tempted anyway. You're opinions are formed already, and that's close enough to fact to make an informed purchase decision today.
Appreciate 0