05-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #15
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanq View Post
Brakes
I'm saying that partly because with the standard Super Sport rubber and those ceramic stoppers, you have something instantly track-able.
What a great pre-review by Chris Harris. My favorite thing he said is above. The CCB's really make a great difference. I'm sure the video is going to be awesome.

Also, what's with all of the discontent with M5 and M6 owners, and a few E92 M3 fanboys? I personally love the new M3/M4 and have stated previously on this forum that it's the first M3 I've ever wanted to own. I think the F80/F82 are going to be fantastic cars and so far I so happen to agree with Chris Harris on the one thing that is lacking, the engine and exhaust note. But it's been the same story with the M5/M6 for years now, lack of an engine and exhaust note with the stock exhaust. I haven't really heard anyone on this M4 forum really bad mouth it. The M3/M4 will always be the better track car, it always has been. No arguing that. I just so happen to think it's a little funny when people speculate that a stock M4 can do 0-60 3.5 seconds and lap the Nurburgring in 7:27. Any M5 or M6 owner on here isn't posting to start arguments, or like Boss330 ,who doesn't even own an M car, he's just one of the biggest car enthusiasts I've ever met, we're all just discussing stuff cause we all have passion. I mean sure, we'll never be able to drive an M4 on a racetrack, highway, or street while getting your butt cooled and massaged, but that doesn't mean the M5/M6 are better. Just more luxury that's all. Anyways, hope that we can all continue to enjoy each others posts and share our excitement and love for these cars.

Appreciate 0