06-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #218
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Why, if some of us actually still believe that BMW would go so far as to place a decoy I6 engine in the engine bay of test cars to conceal this theoretical V6 from prying eyes, do those folks then turn around and assume that the engine note would be left unmodified and undisguised?

If you honestly think BMW is playing tricks on us, then analyzing the test car's engine sound is no more reliable than analyzing its engine's appearance.
Simply because there is an possibility that BMW could test two different engines in the F80 testmules ... there are strange rumor in german forums that they are doing so. It could be the case that the shown I6 is simply the all new B58 engine.

Another really simple question ... could someone explain me please, how this perfect I6 engine pics could "leak" without knowledge from bmw or minimum of the driver of the car ... and how much righthand driven F80M3 mules exist ... one? Do you really think this (easy to find out who he was) driver would be even longer employed by bmw, if that was an really leaked pic?
Appreciate 0