Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l888apex View Post
That's the part of the racing the human is supposed to do
Tell that to rally drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
first of all corner entry speed is calculated by the driver way before they get to the actual corner entry...or they would end up in a tree. in order to determine the optimal corner entry speed you need to know the exact position of the car, estimate conditions on the track at the corner, power and weight distribution of the car, and contact patch of each tire. every lap is different.

if this software were to suggest a corner speed but its location was one inch off you could have a catastrophic result and imagine the liability.

as someone else previously said it. its the driver's job to do that. i'm glad it is.
Rally codrivers tend to give direction 1 or 2 turns in advance (depending on the tightness)... it's not unreasonable to make an app that could do this as well.

I don't disagree that a driver should know their course in most cases, but unless you're Sabine Schmitz, hitting the Nurburgring is a liability *without* some kind of turn direction.

If what you're telling me is that such an app doesn't exist, then I think I'll go ahead and make one ahead of my trip to the green hell.
Appreciate 0