11-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #16
F82speed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
Not that I have any sympathy for car dealerships and salesman tactics, but isn't the registration process and state inspection process (including emissions testing) totally up to the owner to take car of?

I wouldn't expect a car dealer to tell me how/when/where to get my emissions testing done. Though if the dealer did offer that service and didn't say anything at the time of purchase, I guess that is reason to be mad.
Also to the OP, J3, unless something recently changed, Colorado state law requires that the seller provide emissions testing\valid cert upon sale of a roadworthy vehicle in a county that requires emissions and/or to a buyer who resides in an emissions-required area (it's not state-wide requirement, but rather area-specific.)

Dealers who do not comply are at risk of losing their dealer license...J3, you should have recourse... many of the managers now at Murray are new, recently moved from out of state with Sonic, and don't know the law specific to Colorado, I can attest to this from personal experience as well...
Appreciate 0