Xiaofeng
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007.5 E90 335xi Montego/Lemon

Garage List
2007 E90 335xi  [0.00]
1991 325iX  [0.00]
Interesting info on Murray. Both my brother and my wife bought their cars from Murray, as they were both ordered and Murray gave us the best pricing. However, I've noticed that after Sonic bought them, both the sales and service experience has gone downhill.

It seems that the general consensus is that people have good experiences with Schomp, which makes my story a bit of an outlier. I actually had very bad luck in dealing with my SA at Schomp. I went in there to test drive some M3s, and they had a Yas Marina ZHP M3 they just got in. During the test drive period, the SA was very helpful, even arranging to have the car pulled out of the showroom for me to test drive.

After the test drive, I was interested enough in the car that I was willing to buy it. Even though Schomp claims a "one hour, one person" shopping experience, my SA went back and forth with the finance manager multiple times to ask about deals and pricing, and the finance manager even came in a couple times to explain what deals they had. They were unwilling to budge from MSRP for the car, and they tried to get me to finance the car at 1.9% financing, even though BMW NA was offering 0.9% at the time. They eventually finally agreed to give me the 0.9% after quite a bit of back and forth. I was still debating on whether I wanted to trade in my current car or not, and since it was late on Saturday evening, I told my SA I would give him a call back first thing on Monday morning to let him know if I would be trading in the car. (Dealership was closed on Sunday.)

Monday morning comes around, and true to my word, I call up my SA just after they open. Over the weekend, I did some additional research, and found a M3 at Murray (might have been that SG ZHP w/ DCT you guys saw) for $2008 off of MSRP. I informed my SA that Murray was willing to take $2000 off of their car, and asked if they were willing to do anything on the price of their car at all, basically just as a sign they want my business. My SA said he would go ask his manager and call me right back.

Fast forward SIX HOURS, and I still had not heard anything yet. I finally give the SA a call back, and he claimed that he had "just pulled up Murray's website to look". It was obvious he had not bothered to go talk to his manager, nor even give me another thought. Within 60 seconds into the call, he claimed that he had asked his manager and he said "no", MRSP or leave it. So here I was, basically ready to plunk down nearly $80k, and not only were they unwilling to work with me on the price at all, but they couldn't even be bothered to return my phone call.

Needless to say, I didn't bother to pursue their car any further and am now on my hunt for the exact car I want.

Last edited by Xiaofeng; 10-18-2016 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0