Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Nice job, but I desire a more emphasized power dome. Not having one is akin to the failure that was the 996's "fried egg" headlight, rectified with the 997's & 991's ovoid 'lights.

I realize you have a raised swept back 'V' on the hood, just looking for more definition. A 'dome is part of the M3's design vocabulary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parham2652 View Post
Agreed. A more pronounced power dome would be great.
It makes the car more aggressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
I like the model but it is way too conservative and not aggressive enough.

This is a M powered car. It needs the power dome and functional hood scoops at least. Also, the fender flares need to be more pronounced at least the rear ones. It should not just look like a 335i performance model.
No need for the dome since it will be an I6 and added turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by M ETT View Post
Excellent job!
If the M3 looks anything like your render (and is available in that color), it'd be a winner for sure.
@scott26 If you think it's interesting please take it to BMW and tell M that the design is already done
Have not seen @scott26 around at all ... he may have lost his job

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post

Best so far so good job on that I don't think I can depart from my e92.

Next car for the stables is a x6M for the wife. maybe if life is good I can add the new M but my baby is staying with me.
I feel the same way, will hang on to my e92 and quietly will change my wife's MB C350 4MATIC in for a C63 AMG hopping she will never know the difference hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser View Post
This motivated me to make my first post! Been stalking for a long time.

This is my new desktop background. Started saving.
Welcome to the forum Weiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
nice render - i like the absence of a power dome in the hood.

I'm guessing the carbon fiber roof becomes a hallmark of the M moniker - like the quad exhausts and the gill emblazoned front quarter panel.
I second that re: hood ... it will look nice without the dome more like the former e46, no need for the dome since engine will be a smaller one still powerful just a bit smaller from a dimensional perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecarmaster1 View Post
All I know is there better not be a "V" in the engine description. Only an "I". Unless of course they'd keep the V8.
Take my word for it it will be a inline 6 with twin turbos specially designed for the next generation of the ///M3. Somehow I do have a hunch that the ///M Division Team will also offer another more powerful V8 for those that like to track the ///M3 perhaps the badge will be something like....

///M3 - V8 GT

Time will tell we shall see ...

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0