Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Np2014 View Post
Is there an owners manual available online for operating the M-Dct for the M4? I have never owned an M-Dct transmission and aside from a quick test drive with a horrible sa i am very inexperienced with this system.
Here is something for the e92 M3.... should be the same info, more or less. http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/mdctinfo.PDF

Its not that hard... you don't really need to read a manual.

When car is parked, the tranny is in P mode.
To put in into a drive mode, release the parking (hand) brake, tap the lever to the right once for S mode (manual), and twice for A mode (auto).

In S mode, use the paddles or the lever to shift up and down. If you want to put it into neutral, tap the lever to the left. You can not engage P mode until you turn the car off... it will go into P by itself. So when you are parking, put it into N and engage the parking brake like you would a manual. When you kill the engine, the tranny goes in P. If you want to go in reverse, push the lever to the left then up.

Unlike an traditional auto, at a red light the car does not creep forward if you let go of the brake. It will roll backwards if you are on a hill, so be aware of that. When starting on a hill, the brake is engaged for a second when you remove your foot so it doesn't roll back. If you remove your foot and don't press the gas, it will start to roll backwards after a second.

The transmission modes change how aggressive the transmission behaves... In auto, comfort will shift sooner at lower RPMs. Sport and Sport+ will hold a gear longer and give you more of a kick in the butt when you shift.

Again, its pretty straightforward. Just know how to put it into gear, and you will be fine. The rest you will figure out.
Appreciate 0