10-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Dear Uneducated Sparrow,

If you understood the addiction pathway of the ventral tegmental area of the brain, you'd understand that the substance nicotine is not what these people crave. It's the outpouring of dopamine that occurs when they get positive feedback from all of the habits that are created from smoking - such as flicking a lighter, packing down a pack of cigarettes, bringing it up to the lips, etc.

If nicotine is so dangerous, how come people don't die from Nicotine Withdrawal? How come the most common & most effective way to quit is cold turkey?

Want to talk about some dangerous drugs, talk to me about Alcohol & Heroin. And heroin doesn't have an e at the end knucklehead. And no it's not more addictive, or even close to as addictive. If it was, you'd see people trying to smoke PACKS of cigarettes at a time to just get the same buzz that their FIRST cigarette gave them. That's why heroin addicts require high dose opiate receptor binding narcotics to ease their addiction - they're always chasing for that first high that they can never get back.

I sure hope their rant made them feel better about themselves... it sure makes me feel good about myself.

Want to make generalizations, that's great. At least make some sense of them.
Appreciate 0