View Single Post
      03-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #2
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2018 M550i, 2022 M4

I was very surprised to get so much time behind the wheel. The day started off in a classroom for about an hour, but right after that it was none stop driving. We switched between M3, M4 and M2. Once you get out of one car, we had about 5 - 10 minute brake and we were back in another car.

Here is a video of all the difference types of races that we did throughout the day. I did not add music to the videos, because I just love listening to the engine sounds roaring close to red line.

Here is a video of just having fun on the oval circle:

Here is another:

Here is a video of a drive along with the instructor. This is where I was able to see what these cars are really capable of and how the track is supposed to be driven:

This was an awesome trip! I was back home on Tuesday night. Basically the entire trip was just driving. The entire trip was very memorable. I honestly thought that my M4 would have been a lot worse on a long trip like this and that I would have gotten a lot more tired. The seats are not the softest (which I probably felt the most, on the way back home) but they were not completely unbearable after 1700 miles in 4 days.

I definitely enjoyed the BMW Performance Driving school the most out of the entire trip. The Instructors were awesome and it was amazing to finally be able to drive these cars, for what they were designed. I have learned that these cars handle very well, even with traction off. I definitely also learned that I want competition package on my car, especially because of the extra "pop pops" "burbles".

I have already started planning my next trip to the BMW Performance Driving school. I am going to sign up for the two day school next time around. I recommend this school for everyone. It is well worth the money! Besides being fun, I learned a lot about the handling capabilities of the M cars.

On a side note, this was my first time driving an M2. The car handles very nicely and feels like it can take a lot tighter turns than the M4......buuuut, it did not have as loud of an exhaust as the M4, which was a minus for me. It also did feel a bit more sluggish on straight a ways. I was also not too impressed by the interior of the M2, in comparison to the M4. Either way, the M2 was still pretty impressive, but I would not trade my M4 in for it.

I figure I share my experience for anyone that might be considering either the BMW Performance school or just the tail of the dragon trip. I highly recommend both!!!!

Last edited by Automotive Goals; 03-10-2017 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 27
jmg18703.50
PhilH137.00
clutchdj1878.50
drexplode1784.50
Habber3515.00
KevinM2935.50
spencers199.00
Speed-NYC138.00
1M Tex240.00
Dackelone10538.50
Cajun1139.50