View Single Post
      03-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #54
mtecnic
BMW Super Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: F10 535ixDrive, E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
Politicians never let facts get in the way of a good argument. Let's leave politics behind.

First off, the F8x does not make fake exhaust sounds. The exhaust sounds emitting from the tailpipes are as real as any other internal combustion engine has produced. Fake exhaust sound isn't being piped in to the cabin either. Induction sound that would otherwise be muffled by turbos is enhanced as a driver's tool. Most are untroubled by this. The few that are troubled, simply have it unplugged.

Nor has the ride gone soft, limp or virtual. Lots of useful information awaits you in the sticky threads should you wish to brush up on the topic about weight-saving measures taken and doing hard-edged things like bolting the suspension directly to the frame without using bushings. The result is a capable weekend track car that can handle DD duties with aplomb.

On the contrary, the knock on these cars has not been about being too soft, but that they can be too much of a wild child at times. Not for amature drivers as advertised. Yet to me they remain a nimble and capable machine deserving of its heritage.

I swear, this car can't win from winning at times.
Even though you are Candian, I endorse this message.
'94 325ix - Parted *** '92 318i vert - sold
'94 325i - Rear End Total ***** '01 330ci - traded
Appreciate 0