View Single Post
      03-27-2014, 01:51 AM   #14
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Thanks, @solstice. I think the trick to take car pictures is that you need to shoot from afar so the car is "flattened". Same thing when shooting portraits. I used my Canon 5D Mark II DSLR with a 24-105mm lens. Most pictures you see online now are shot with cell phone cameras. They usually have a wide-angle lens that often times distorts the image. That is especially apparent when the pictures are taken very close to the subject. If you shoot a car from a close distance with a wide angle lens on a cell phone, the images are usually curved. I also corrected the small distortion from my lens with Lightroom.

It is definitely worth a drive up. It maybe the only chance for us westcoasters to see the cars before the launch cars show up. I do drive up to Vancouver very often so it isn't a big deal for me. I left around 9am this morning and I was there by 11:45am. There was about a 15-minute wait at the border. But I am a certified non-terrorist, uh, I mean I have the Nexus pass. So my wait was very short.

I parked at Canada Place, the pier building. If cost $15CDN. There are other parking buildings very close by. If you park at Canada Place, there is another convention going on, and the auto show is in the building next door. Admission for the show is $15CDN.

I spent about 2 hours there. I started driving home around 2:45pm. There was just a little congestion at the tunnel south of Richmond on Highway 99 and the line at the US border wasn't too bad, maybe 20-minute wait. I missed the afternoon traffic in Vancouver and in Everett. I was home by 5pm.

The show was not very crowded when I was there, probably because it was early in the day and it was a weekday. I think Friday and the weekend it will be a mad house there.

Like I said, it was kind of anti-climatic for me. But not thing really changed my mind. I maybe wanting the CCB more. They are HUGE! Especially the front ones. But I won't get them. The interior is nice. Full leather is nice. But I saw other 3 series there without full leather and they are nice too. The carbon fiber trim is very shiny and smooth. Where you are there, take a look at the 4 series with a different carbon trim. It is fully textured and it feels rough, in a nice, raw way. The black wheels actually look pretty good in person. But I think I will stick with he silver wheels. It is more "mainstream" and a safer choice for me.

I really like AY. It is going to be as rare as Phoenix Yellow on the E46 M3. I rarely see an E46 M3 in PY, but when I do see one, it always turns my head. Silver, grey, white, black are the common colors that you will see more often for sure. It will look even meaner with the CF roof! Go for it!
Appreciate 0