11-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyLarryMP View Post
I just watch a review on the new M6 on M6post. Thanks to the turbos, it has 552 hp and a combined fuel economy of 28 mpg. There are some great things about it, but they said it wasn't as much fun to drive as past M cars. It shares the same engine with the new M5 and I'm guessing the new M3 should have a similar feel to both of them. This worries me a little because I would rather BMW produce M cars that are fun to drive.

Is anyone extremely concerned about this? It doesn't seem like too many of you are anxiously awaiting the new M3 setup.

And btw...Do any of you like M5's or M6's more than M3's? I've never been in a M5 or M6, but the M3 seems like it would be more fun to drive.
I was surprised to see the new M5 finishing last/next to last in pretty much every comparo so far. The steering and lack of sportscar feel must be pretty bad because BMW sure upped the ante on power and fuel economy.

We'll see how the next gen M3 fares, but it doesn't look promising if you are using the M5/6 as the predictor. For those who want the extra HP and economy, perhaps we'll need to wait for the first company to figure out how to squeeze a turbo under the hood without major body/chasis modifications.
Appreciate 0