No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Are these runs on YouTube?

I agree with you, and here is an example that I think also must question the accuracy of the Dynojet numbers:

I looked at the Boss 302 Laguna Seca yesterday. That has very similar 1/4 mile times and trap speeds as the F8x (12,3s @ 114-117mph).

Edmunds online had that on a Dynojet and measured 416whp (Ford claims 444hp at the crank). 416whp would mean a drivetrain loss of just 7,4%...

With it's slightly lower weight and higher average power, the F8x should surely have given the Boss 302 LS a good beating if the F8x really has 420-430whp :
see gthals comments below, you are off on your trap speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Here you go...

FBO Protuned N54 135i (6mt running on Euro 102 Ron gas which here in the states is 96 Octane lol). That 1 series isn't 1 hp over the 400 whp right there. What happens to the M4 with the DCT and it's 7600 rpm redline and larger turbos? lol

like I said in the other post, not sure how this is confusing.

both cars seem to make about 400whp on most dynos based on dyno data (EAS is a touch high, we know this based on seeing many many results on their dyno). the difference is the f8x has DCT but its also 300 lbs heavier than the 135. yet, in that video they are almost dead even. I don't see how that proves your point.

not sure what your point was with the redline difference either? and all larger turbos would do is shift the powerband. the power is what it is, regardless of turbo size. 400whp with small turbos vs large turbos doesn't mean one is faster than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Many good points and I agree on your criticism!

My 12,3 @ 114-117mph was the Boss 302 LS numbers I found. The F8x has done trap speeds from 114-119 for the most.

The C&D test with a MT 6 got a trap speed of 114mph, which is around what the Boss 302 LS gets. Both of those are MT 6 cars, and I think those are more apples to apples than the DCT times for the F8x?

But I agree on my post perhaps not being as scientific and thorough as it probably should have been.

BTW, I thought ASAP previously argued against me? I believed that he had changed his opinion based on that video. To me that video just was further evidence to my understanding, certainly not scientific proof...
i do not believe the video proves anything imo as I mentioned above.

also, the CD test of the manual m3 was 116mph trap, not 114.

finally, the boss LS is very similar in weight to the m3, not heavier.
But you must not forget the superior average power of the S55 compared to all of those cars you mention...

How many of them make max power from 5500-7300rpm (or a similar 1800rpm range in the rev range)?
Appreciate 0