View Single Post
      07-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #94
needabeemer
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post
No offense, but that is some pretty suspect logic. Every model of every manufacturer has multiple levels Audi (A, S, RS) etc. BMW isn't hiding anything, everyone knows what the variations are, choose what you can afford or value. Everyone that buys a non-M car knows there is something more appealing at a higher price. There are people that want a 7 series but can only afford a 128i - should BMW help those people feel special by canceling the rest of the lineup?

If you don't want to spend $60k on a 435 and end up jealous of the M4 then spend $85k on an M4.
you missed my point. im not complaining about price or "jealous" of the m4. i would LOVE to buy the m4 instead of a 435i. what im complaining about is that its not available at launch (unlike the newly revealed s63). yes, car companies always reveal the high performance models later down the line, such as the RS and M models, but usually they wait at least a few years. bmw is going to ruin its 435i customers perception of their "brand new" car when in just a few months they reveal the m4. with the 5 and 6 series at least they had the decency to wait a while before revealing the M variants.

i already know what some will say. "just get an m4 then" ...its not that easy. the m4 wont be AVAILABLE until over a year from now, but it will be revealed in just a few months... doesnt anyone see my gripe with this? its going to be a tease when a customer gets the brand new 435i delivered in september, only to have it ruined in january by a much more aggressive looking model. for those that could afford the M version and wouldve wanted it instead (such as myself), this will be bothersome. i dont want to wait another 15-16 months for an m4 but i also dont want my $65k 4 series to be a decision i regret in just 3 months from now

the least they can do is not reveal it until later on in 2014, so that we can enjoy our base model 4 series coupes a little longer without having to wish it has the M aesthetics.
Appreciate 0