10-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #421
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I see your still not getting it.....cc for cc the turbo gives the same response before boost.....when boost kicks in it is bye-bye NA version. You aren't losing a damn thing. Yes it FEELS like you are as the difference when on boost is like night and day,and once you feel the night you don't want the Day.
Trust me, I understand. The option for the new M3/4 is obviously not either a single or multiple turbo version of the existing S65 V8... The option also is not engine A without turbo and idnetical engine A with turbo. You are still losing. You are losing by having lag which a sizeable percentage of folks do not like, more power after lag or not.

This is largely about preference. You like turbos, you like big single turbos, you like turbo lag. That's fine. My preference and the preference of BMW M is completely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Lol that is rich, you spout a whole bunch of missinformed info on Turbo engines almost as if you are the authority on the differences, and are calling me narrow minded. Funny In my world having pre-concieved ideas on a technology is narrow minded and ignorant.

I actually like the 'lag' because you know the big hit is coming, gives an extra dimension to get to grips with. An NA to me feels boring, like driving an AT on a track. Give me an MT big single Turbo any day. And to me that is much more M3 spirit than seemless boredom from idle to redline. Bring on F80, pity they are going to appease the Lag haters by adding 3 turbos.....but then some tuning company will ditch those and stick a decent 600bhp single on it, now that will be an M3 with balls.....happy days.
I've not "spread misinformation". Your view on why engines have multiple turbo chargers is clearly misinformed. They day you (again what are your qualifications other than "I love them there big turbos") have insights on the technical and marketing aspects of FI above and beyond BWM M is the day I'll bow down to you. Although you may like the rush of a big turbo kicking in like a shot of nitrous you must realize you are in a relative minority. Lastly your view on how marketing and engineering work at a large company is definitively naive. Have you ever worked in either field, at a large company or a small one? I have done both.

Last but not least I never called you ignorant, I said narrow minded and arrogant. Please do not put words in my mouth.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0