05-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #260
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
I didn't derail it- I was simply stating that calling someone out is not always the best thing to do as I could be a BMW employee with knowledge trying to steer people in the right direction- it happens here and elsewhere all the time. Maybe it didn't come across that way. My apologies.

The new M3 has over 400 people working on it at the time being and this fall will be crunch time to get things final. It will be interesting to see how when it comes to market next year how people will accept the technology.

One of the technologies is currently being used by another German company to great reviews and fan fare while BMW's implementation has not been given the same view. With the F80, the technology from that other German company will be used so if it is not received well BMW could always say "Well it is identical to so-and-so so how can it not be as good"? That tech is still under debate during the testing but if the car is to meet the ambitious fuel economy numbers it almost certainly needs to be in there
Over 400 people damn thats alot of chefs working on one car can be good can be bad or somewere in the middle i guess.

The technologie you are speaking of i guess is cylinder deactivation didn't Bmw had that in the early,mid 90's on their V12's 750 850 models? or maybe i am remembering wrong.

Im not a fan of that tech especially in performance cars.
If the M3 is going to have that i wonder why didn't the new M5/M6 got it?
Makes more sense on a V8 than on 6cyl but maybe the tech was not ready for the M5/M6?

Well if the new M3 comes with that tech i hope you somehow can deactivate the cylinder deactivation
So much things you want to deactivate on newer cars i dont like it

Bmw and Mercedes-Benz doesn't seem to like the cylinder deactivation either interesting read :http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2012...bmw-benz-30219

Last edited by Holset; 05-29-2012 at 05:51 AM..
Appreciate 0