07-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #142
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
There's no way the F80 M3 will be unveiled in 2 or 3 months, let alone the F82. So assumed that info is correct we're likely looking at an E92 M3 edition (CSL?).

Best regards,
south
Like the E9x M3 needs another "Edition" model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
There is zero chance its a csl. First, no way they have been putting any resources into the e9x platform over the past year as the work on the f80 is what is priority.

Second bmw would not undercut their GTS/CRT buyers and image by coming out with a CSL and smashing those two.

Not to mention the GtS is a CSL. It is way lighter and has a more powerful engine specific to the GTS/CSL. Nothing left to lighten in a CSL without doing extensive chassis lightning which obviously is not happening.

To go any lighter than a GTS you need to be starting with an all aluminium chassis if you want to maintain that size of car with that technology. With its steel frame you are limited by what weight you can reach.
SCOTT did strongly hint a a CRT coupe, aka CLS type car to send the E9x M3 off.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0