View Single Post
      03-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #39
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Below Speed Limit View Post
I drove Porsche with EPS and while I will agree that it's a massive improvement over to something like a 335 or a 550, it is not like the M5's (or M3's) hydraulic steering. It cannot be and it won't be. You can try to replicate it for as much as you want, but the fact of the matter is, EPS is not hydraulic steering. It's as simple as 2 x 2 = 4.

That being said, I think people are going to "adjust" to this the way they will adjust to the turbo engine. I was so against turbo engine and used to swear I would never give up an NA engine. After doing multiple M5/M6 test drives, I was sold on the idea completely. It's an entirely different game all together. I don't regret going to M5 and turbo engine just one bit.

I believe EPS will be somewhat similar. It will feel a bit weird, but people will get used to it. So my only advice is, STOP comparing it to hydraulic, and ACCEPT that it will be different. Whichever one is BETTER is debatable and time will only tell and the results will be different from person to person.

Do you remember how people used to object iphone 6-7 years ago when it first came out? "Oh it doesn't have real keys" or "Oh it's a hype and it will die down". What happened? Evolution.
Can't agree. Their eps is fantastic. 991 eps is far better than m5s hydraulic. And the gt3 embarrasses it. The gt3 with eps has more steering feel than any car I've ever driven other than a previous gen gt3. Porsche got eps right...it will be a while before anyone else does.

Just look at the fact that the 991s/4s won best drivers car over all other hydraulic steered cars yet everyone agreed it has more feel and precision.
Appreciate 0