View Single Post
      06-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #12
Viking123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

[F80] Official MINERAL WHITE F80 M3 Sedan Thread

First off, like others have mentioned before, pictures do not do the car justice. I have seen lots of pictures of these cars... but to my eyes it simply looks stunning in person.

I originally tried to switch the color from MW to AW but I was too late, it was already going into production... I have no regrets now. Looks great with the SO interior and the black rims. Wouldn't change a thing.

I'm not going to comment on the things that so many others have commented on before... (amazing torque, nice steering, freakin' fantastic seats, loving the sound).

On the manual transmission... I really like it. Shifting is nice and precise. I wouldn't say the throws are short however. True, it's shorter than other BMWs that I have driven, but I wouldn't necessarily call it short. It's all relative, I guess, but compared to, say, a Mazda Miata the throws are not short. The clutch is nice, it's a bit firm but not too firm. The amount of travel to go from "not engaged" to "fully engaged" is just perfect IMO, however it does start to engage pretty far out.

I have only two complaints so far:
1) The turn signal lever is too sensitive... on the freeway I would nudge it to turn off the signal after changing lanes and instead I'd flip the signal to the opposite side. You have to hit it just right in order to turn if off (update: I was confused by the 3-signal feature... it works great, no complaints)
2) The autoblipping makes no sense in comfort mode. It can blip pretty loudly and it defeats the purpose of being in comfort mode to begin with. There should be an option for this. Or at the very least have it enabled in sport mode only (off in comfort and sport plus?)

What an amazing car!

Some obligatory pictures:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1