View Single Post
      03-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #99
Vocans
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkei View Post
I was surprised at the base price of the M2; I thought it started in the mid 50K range. It's still too small for me .. lol. The E92 is perfect as far as the dimensions. It is true that the M3 is moving upscale now, and it seems that your money will continually buy you less and less with each succeeding generation.

I mean, how stupid does it sound nowadays when we defend BMWs (especially against american competition) by saying that it has a nicer interior or more luxury. Remember the days when we said it was the better driver's car? :/
Of course your money will buy you less and less--that's inflation for you. When inflation is factored in, the price of the M3 hasn't changed all that much. With regards to your second point, I don't think it's an issue of BMW not meeting expectations as much as it is GM really stepping their game up and producing a fantastic chassis with the Alpha platform.