02-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH23 View Post
At least I know I am not alone. Yes, I know many will say well only someone who can drive should be buying an M3, thus PDC and rearview cam are not needed, but we all have different situations and if you live in an urban area and will have to parallel park, navigate curbs and tight garages, there is no way around having this option unless you want plenty of knicks, scratches, dings, etc. Could have spent $750 on the option and instead I find myself frustrated, and mostly just disappointed and feeling taken advantage of. YMMV on this, but it really is a joke…even Porsche offers these as stand alone. Probably will pony up for the exec pack just like the bean counters in Munich figured I would…but leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Funny, spending $63,000 on the base car does not bother me at all….spending $4,300 for a few sensors and coding on the radio does.
I hear your frustration and am generally in the same boat. however, I can understand the flip side of it.

as a clarification regarding Porsche, however, I have to disagree. yes, they offer incredible customization, but if you look at the bulk of cars that get ordered, they are ordered with the Premium Package or Premium Package Plus (basically their equivalent of the Exec Pkg in purpose). the idea is to bundle all of the options most consumers want such that you can take a base car, tick the package box and it comes very well equipped. this makes more sense for dealer inventories and for resale, as cars become less individually tailored to each owner's tastes and requirements.

sucks to have to bite the bullet, but you should get paid for the ZEC on the backend when you re-sell.
Appreciate 0