View Single Post
      02-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #216
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
In case you are interested in some light reading that will lead you to enlightenment this evening:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...um#post2144527

Or whatever time of day it is on your parts of the globe when you get this message.
Nice theory and I agree with that theory, but PRACTICALLY the Excellent Fantastic Masterpiece M3 V8 with >8000rpm is put in the WRONG (read way TOO heavy, meaning feeling lazy at lower and normal revs ) vehicle called E90/92/93.Why does a 1M with way less POWER eat the M3 almost for breakfast in any circumstance. Come on, I had a E46m3 and E90 M3 before, have any of you ever driven a 1M? It has THEORETICALLY 80HP less...al lot more Nm and weighs less....

We all know a M3/1M etc can go to 60 in about 4.5 seconds , can do 155mph or even more. I know this is a US based site I like very much, but how many of you have tried to go to 60 in 4.5(ok maybe a lot) but the 155mph I guess not many of you/us. (Me >100 of times being near the German border so to speak) . The same theory for going around a track in XX:XX time. We all know you need to put the DTC etc to low/off to get the best results. How many of the M drivers do that actually. (I do) Not many I'm sure(worldwide and on this site). So theory and practice are 2 totally different worlds.

Cheers
Robin(Former E90M3)

Last edited by Robin_NL; 02-09-2013 at 01:44 AM..
Appreciate 0