View Single Post
      09-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #118
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

To my infos the new F32 4er Coupe would be far more different from the F30 even than E92 from E90 ... I think it would be more like 5er vs 6er.
So all you coupe guy get an "real sporty looking coupe" ... this is the main reason, why they change the lable to 4er coupe ... and it makes it much more simple ... if you says you drives an 4er everybody knows that you are an coupe boy.

And in history the E21 and its successor the E30 never were called "coupe" ... and all only has 2-door and as the E30 were some time on the market you could spend some more money to get 2 more doors .... but both cars has the same roof line ... so the first F30 M3 were an sedan ... and now the M3 is going to be an Sedan logo again ... BMW only change their mistage not to follow their odd/even rules as they bring the E36 3er coupe into the market ... now one would cry if the had do so, because there would have never been an 3er coupe or M3 Coupe!

And sorry, but arguments to call the coupe M3 and the sedan M4 are really BS(!) ... SORRY.

The dissicion to call the F32 M4 is only an rumor ... but its really the only dessicion which would make sence, because 3er and 4er were so different, that it would be more difficult to explain why an car that looks like the sporty variant of the 4er coupe was named M3 and not M4.

So the dessicin to bring back the Sedan allows BMW to correct an old mistage and simultaneously make it possible to preserve the M3 mythos ... simply in sedan form ... and give the optical totally different coupes the lable M4.

And you could be sure ... if the new midrange M models are so good as it seems to be ... no one would cry about the lable ... sedan-fans are happy with their M3 and coupe-far are happy with their M4 .. and no one must must explain what kind of M3 he drives.

Greets Uli_HH

Last edited by Uli_HH; 09-03-2011 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0