06-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #111
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
Thanks I may hit you up with some questions. I also have 6MT. What do you have in your car currently?

Thanks for the update. Soooo..... which one will you keep?

Also, have you noticed any more traction issues with ESS over JB4?

I had just about eliminated JB4 for myself, since I wanted mainly a 'set it and forget it' tune that offered max reliability. JB4 seemed to allow the most tinkering, Dinan the least (and is too expensive); ESS might have been just right. But then one of the forum members switched from ESS to JB4, saying ESS wasn't very linear or had some problems or something. And I also realized you can just tinker JB4 to make it very conservative. Which left me even more
I have JB4 on my car and actually feel the opposite of pigwet. I didn't like the ESS e-tronics much at all and it didn't have the SOTP feel JB4 had. I only left it on my car about 2 weeks before switching back. I tried it on multiple maps and power settings running 100 octane mix. It made decent low end tq on the dyno but fell off massively where the JB4 held steady.

I will be getting a 2016 in a couple months and I will be giving the ESS flash tune a try. Until then I'll stick w/ JB4. Not sure there is a better piggyback solution even with the 6MT not being tested as much with the OBD features.

I also agree the ESS install was more difficult and messier than JB4. Not sure why they decided to mount the hardware where the brake booster is but it's a mess.
Appreciate 2