Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Gary, why do you have to get so pissy at every post relating to people's opinion/experience with other flash tunes?

You represent a company and are not speaking on your personal behalf. It requires a higher level of professionalism. I'm saying this as an honest advice and not trying to attack, but it really makes you and your company look bad.

And to your statement I've underlined above, I would disagree with that. For one there are a lot of people using many different tunes out there that are not on this forum. They run into issues that no one hears about. Second, from personal experience I've come to realize that MOST people don't infact post about bad experiences/issues with their tunes or performance mods (for whatever reason that I honestly can't understand). I've learnt and experienced that on a first had basis. I got the BMS chargepipe which at the time of my purhase there didn't seem to be any threads or posts about fitment issues with them, but I had fitment issues with mine (BMS handled the situation for me). And after posting about it, a bunch of other people chimed in and were now "coming out" and pointing that they've had the same fitment issues. I've had a tune from PP-Performance which I had MAJOR reliability issues with and nothing about that was posted on the forums. But afterwards I did more research in other communities outside of Bimmerpost and it turns out others have had the same and worse issues as mine with this tuner. I've had bugs early on in BM3 beta testing (a year ago) which PTF believed that they were isolated to me because no one has expressed similar issue, but once I posted about them peopled chimed in and said they've experienced the same. You see where I'm going?

The difference is that some companies acknowledge their customer's feedback and put their effort into solving them rather than putting their effort into denying them and blaming it on other factors.

In addition to this issue of not speaking up about negative news on a consumer level, I'm sure your know that many companies (including yours) always ensure that any issues with their product remain hush hush. We have many companies here on this forum that know from testing that some intakes have proven to LOSE power, but decide to keep those product's names a secret and continue selling them. We have companies that have tested products such as those from CSF/VF and have known for some time that they proved to provide no real world benefit, but have decided to withhold their testing, experience, and opinions. You for one when you first "re-introduced" your tune you had A LOT of people complaining about driveability issues, and for a while you insisted that it wasn't an issue. Then you decided that only a FEW were affected, and then you ended up releasing an update. But still the issue persisted and those who spoke you denied the validity of their claims etc etc. And that has continued till this day as you can see on this page in case you have forgotten.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1441720&page=3

Having bugs/small issues with tunes on newer cars with complex ECUs such as the S55 is unavoidable, so it's fine as long as it's not a major thing and that you actually acknowledge it and address it rather than deny it. Issues just arise sometimes due to many factors including those from customers with particular driving habits or extreme weather conditions. But you keep on trying to sell the idea of your products being a "turn-key" solution when in addition to all those who have had issues with your tune for the S55, I've known two people (so I'm sure there are more if I've known two) with VF package for the Huracan that have had to return multiple times for a "tweak". So please stop selling the idea of turn key, zero issues, perfect products.

You also have to keep in mind that different products are directed to different types of customers. You have marketed your product to those who want a "turn-key" solution. Those types of customers are USUALLY (so I'm not trying to say ALL of them) are not like enthusiasts which I would say that a lot, but certainly not all, of BM3 customers are. Enthusiasts are your usually very particular (and maybe anal at times like myself ) about the smallest things. They test, datalog, compare, and look for things that most times 90% of users won't even notice or care about.

So saying/implying that your product has no issues and is a perfect turn key solution is not valid because of all the above. You have those customers that just don't participate on this forum and we never hear about their issues. You have those that don't speak up, and when they do you seem to deny the issue and try and keep it hush hush. And then you have those who just don't care that much and can live with those small issues and find the solution of just "restarting" the car to be fine like in the thread I've linked above.

So I'd like to make you an offer, I'm as an@l as they get. And I've used JB4, PPP tune, and PTF tune. So I've had a fair share of tunes. Send me your tune and I'll be willing to test it and provide my honest feedback and impressions. If it's as perfect as you claim you'll find a great review thread from me and I'll pay you full retail for it, if not you have to stop posting blue centered posts and stop claiming turn-key solution

Sounds fair?
Home run !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakOG View Post
+1
With the thousands of different Software/hardware combinations with n55/s55, it is not physically possible to have turn key solutions for all.
Tables missing in some versions, depreciated in some versions, different locations in some versions etc etc.
That is just one element, not even taking into account the weather conditions in different locations - humidity, temp, altitude. Although their is some degree of inbuilt compensation for these things, they still have an effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
sometimes it gets annoying to see companies acting unprofessionally and making BS claims. However, don't expect these kinda threads/posts to disappear.

It's BMS with their JB vs Vishnu with their Procede all over again (to those who can remember Vishnu ). Some companies just can't stand competitors offering a better product and/or service.
Exactly

Last edited by FSociety; 12-08-2017 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 1