10-14-2016, 04:12 AM   #39
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke743 View Post
Not sure if you're trolling, so I'll respond to your old info.

Most M3/M4 are DCT, I'll give you that one, mine isn't.

Steering Feel- Old info. Given, the early M3/M4's had lesser steering. The hardware is the same as now, and the same in the M2. It is just software. My M3 was on early firmware, and when I got it updated it was much better. Same as the M2. I've had some seat time in the ZCP and it is the same as the M2 in back to back driving.

Exhaust - Old info - Let's compare two current cars. The M2 and M3 ZCP both sound great. Yes the early cars exhaust was not great and was paned, but again out of date info.

The M3/M4's have received numerous improvements since their launch, and those improvements were incorporated in the M2. As a result the M2 at launch was better prepared then the M3/M4 at launch. That said, comparing the current cars is appropriate, not just a regurgitation of the early reviews.

I own an M2 now, so this isn't me repeating someone else's opinions. Looking forward to getting back in an M3 next week.

Thanks but i wasnt talking about your comments or your car.

I was referring to the "much better and engaging" trackstars opinions.

Anyway whilst you are here, in your opinion the "current F8* ZCP steers as good ands sounds as good as a M2.
Im good with that. I value that you have owned both, and that carries a lot more weight than a M drive day.
For the record I think all M cars dating back to the E28 M5 are pretty special.
I just dont value opinions that beat on other other M cars unless they are credentialed.
Seems to be the way of the world these days to belittle as a pathway to feel better about your own purchase
Appreciate 0