07-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #79
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
I did not say it was the only car-the s2000 was also pushing the envelope. Doesn't mean bmw is the only one but I meant they were initially the only one doing some of the tech and as time went on a couple people were doing things similar in pushing the tech but nonetheless it was not at all the norm whereas now every car has a 7k redline
I'm with you, alabama. I had a 2001 S2000 that I drove for 8 years, and Honda never improved on that engine. Hell, they took a step backwards midway through the car's life by dropping redline by 1,000 RPM. Nothing that Honda makes now lives up to the F20C because they got off the wagon that requires constant iteration and improvement, and I don't foresee them ever creating another engine that meets the specifications of that one. Same goes for BMW by ditching further development on the S65 in favor of a revised N55.

An enginereering equivalent of a copout if ever I saw one.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0