Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoz View Post
Its very simple, make all cars RWD and leave the xDrive as an option, just like you have the DCT with a Manual option. Some people will buy these cars with AWD and some will take them with RWD. But if you offer AWD, Audi wont be happy!
Exactly what I was going to say...

There is no need to make AWD standard on all the M models, but it 100% should be an option for those who live in the North. I have been on the fence about an M5 for almost a year and if I don't find my R8 soon, I will likely order the 2014 M5 (LCI). However, the one negative in the back of my head is the RWD. I would be driving the M5 all year round and its nice to have an AWD car in the winter here, not to mention it would put down the power in the summer as well.

That would be the most logical thing for ///M to do, MAKE IT AN OPTION, NOT STANDARD!
People who wants to drive an M car all year around especially in the snows are minority. It is like there are people who drive their Ferraris in the snow but just few. And with the rite winter tires, u will be fine in the snow in Ontario. We get much more snow in Alberta, and my m3 never let me down. U always get better Handling with a RWD. There are so many videos and article proved that the M3 is more fun to drive than the RS5.
Appreciate 0