07-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #33
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arezzo View Post
As far as M4 Munich plant is concerned I was told no Individual until early next year.
They could not handle yellow stitching on full black leather to match the AY exterior
Individual orders in the U.S. will be accepted this fall. You will need to confirm stitching options, but I do not see why this color could not be used on the full black leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker View Post
So where do I get a copy of this book? It's probably the only part of this I can afford.
I'll ask how other copies of this book can be obtained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs619 View Post
Thanks for sharing, lares. How can one obtain one of these books? I would like to have it as a coffee table book along side my collection of playboy mags.
I'll ask how other copies of this book can be obtained. You may want to keep it wrapped in plastic to protect it based on your other material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenMedia View Post
This is awesome buddy!

What's coming?

-Johan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
Where can I get a copy of this book? This is sexy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martho05 View Post
How do you get one of the Lookbooks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Pilot View Post
For the those with less financial resources, perhaps BMW can offer Individual-Lite. Or better yet, offer more interior leathers and trims options across the Lines.
There are several BMW Individual options for almost all models, however they all come at an additional cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Brilliant post, thanks!! Enjoying your time designing the new car I presume?? I have very fond memories of designing my own back in '09 and '10 before it was built....one of the highlights actually. Enjoy!!
Yes, this has been very exciting and looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
So what I don't get is if the individual interior options are available for some models and not for others. Do all models have the same interior options? Do all models have the option of an alcantara headliner?

Interesting stuff!
BMW Individual options are available on almost all models, of course for an additional cost. All models have different interior options. For example, the leathers available in a 2-series are not the same as leathers in a 5-series or a 7-series. All models do not have the option of an alcantara headliner. I have been told that there will not be an Individual option for the alcantara headliner for the M3/M4.

The reason why, limitations to interior changes are due to safety testing. They have to crash test the cars and if you want a different headliner material or leather material than what is offered on that a specific model they have to perform a new safety crash test. This is very costly and will not be done for a one-off request. I'm sure you could offer to cover the cost of the testing! Ha!

Hope this helps!

Appreciate 0