View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #41
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
ED not being available for 6-12 months post-launch would be unprecedented as far as I'm aware, so my money is on that being bogus. As for not getting the discount, that's entirely possible. The dealer gets to decide the sale price of the car, regardless of his/her invoice price, and selling an ED car at US MSRP would be the equivalent of the "market adjustments" that tend to accompany hot new cars. It's also possible that ED F80s will come out of a dealer's allocation (ED cars normally don't and are instead considered bonus sales), in which case the dealer not offering the discount could make a bit more sense, because in that case the dealer would be passing on an opportunity to sell with a huge profit markup by using an allocation to sell you an ED car, and they'll probably want to recoup at least some of that through you. I believe the new M6 at least initially was set up so that ED sales came out of dealer allocations, but not the M5.

Of course if ED F80s do NOT come out of dealer allocations AND the dealer denies the discount anyway, that would be stupendously greedy.
That sounds right. It amazes me how little these sales people know and/or how much they BS. I did hear though, from my sales guys, that the ED will now be coming out of the dealer's allocation.
Appreciate 0