View Single Post
      02-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

I'm in complete agreement with you in regards to not taking away anything that makes the driver feel more connected to the car.

As for a seven speed manual, I doubt it. BMW isn't going to spend any money on what it sees as a dying technology, and that's been evident in the manual transmissions of its current lineup, which sadly, are very vague and feel muddy when compared to those find in cars like the S2000, 370Z, and GT3.

We'll likely see the same unit that's in the current generation of cars in the handful of remaining future BMWs that will still see a manual transmission (with specific gearing, of course).

I also hope that any start-stop technology that the M3 comes with will default to off.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem

Last edited by aajami; 02-13-2012 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 1