View Single Post
      12-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #231
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

Work test car blends into the crowd

This, "work, test car," is in absolute sleeper guise. Debadged, non-matching wheels, dark on the rear, dated wheel design up front, grandma colors on the interior and exterior that also do not match, no CF roof and tinted windows make this car look like a middle aged woman in rollers at the mall parking lot.

I cannot recall tinted windows ever extending or accenting any car design. The same can be said of silver car paint combined with polished or black wheels. Also BMW tan interior is the most understated color in their palette.

Alpine white, silver 359m, CF roof and fox red interior were a combo with a CF spoiler on my e92 M3, and the car was a head turner. Even guys on bikes would pull up to give me a thumbs up. I am sure there will be a combo that will make the M4 come alive. And, I am sure that the combo on this test car is not the one.

Ignoring all this cosmetic antithesis, this M4 is longer at the wheelbase, and wider. The luxury for the rear seat passenger is magnified and exploited over the e92. This car will probably show very well with colors and wheels such as those that make an M6 look good.

For sure, this work test car is flying under the radar for testing purposes.
Appreciate 0