05-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #57
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
You said the M3 will walk all over the C63 on the track...not true,it's a close race,a driver's race.
And in a straight line, the C63 is a clear winner.
The C63 in a straight line against a manual M3, the AMG will win, yes.

When the M3 is equipped with M-DCT, they're separated by .2-seconds, which can be a lot. The M3 will do 60 in 3.9-seconds, as opposed to the AMG's potential to hit 3.7-seconds.

Around the track, well I'll let C&D's 2008 Lightning Lap shed some more light on that one for you: http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...lap-2008-1.pdf [WARNING: PDF] The M3 is almost a full second faster around the track.

As for the Nürburgring lap times: Horst von Saurma has tested both cars.

8:05 BMW M3 E92 / Horst von Saurma / Sport Auto (12/2007)
8:13 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG / Horst von Saurma / Sport Auto (2/2009)

In case you don't know, Sport Auto test showroom stock vehicles. Cars with street tires, straight off what you can buy at a dealer lot with ZERO modifications. So no special tires, no roll cages, etc. are used.

I stand by my original comment. An M3 will walk all over a C63 AMG on the race track. Don't ever say I'm spreading "false information" ever again. My profession calls for me to make sure any information I spread is correct.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0