United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket328 View Post
That would be the first thing I would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
Would be my first mod if I were to buy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentm View Post
Name is important. How would you like the M4 name civic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourky View Post
I don't care what people say... I think it is so gay for them to rename the M3. There was SO much tradition and history behind that name! It is a big time brand name and an icon for BMW cars now and I feel like its being thrown away.
Those of you thinking the name is so important and are going to rebadge your cars are what give the term "badge snob" its meaning. Yes, there is heritage, but really only the enthusiasts will know about that. The general public could probably care less about the heritage, or on which specific model of BMW you drive that you desperately want to display with a badge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
Rebadging the M4 to M3 after you buy one makes no sense. If you really care about the name that much then you're a BMW fan for the wrong reason. Personally, I'm a fan because of the cars, not the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
But I agree with you, if I bought a M4, I wouldn't even bother trying to rebadge it to a M3 because I don't think the average citizen really notices or cares and for the enthusiasts, we know the whole deal so there really is no point unless the owner really, really cares for it.
My thoughts exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if the car ends up only badged with an "///M" emblem on it like that of the 1M Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
I'm kinda glad, so now my e92 m3 will be the last m3 ever made. Makes it more rare or exclusive? You can say you own the latest m3
No, there will still be the M3 sedan.