Second Lieutenant
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
Great review with substance. I share your love for the RS and pretty much was buying this car for the street, but now I am getting excited about tracking it as well. I ordered the passive suspension and believe I can still change. Have you compared? I was not fond of the adaptive suspension on the e92 and test drove a car with passive suspension and it was planted. But not a lot of money so if it is really better I would not hesitate to change my order. Thanks again for the excellent write up.
The adaptive suspension adjusts damping independently on each corner every 2.5ms using a variety of sensors. its also lighter than the standard steel shocks. where this comes into play the most is when you have something unexpected such as a slick area on a track, or you cross onto some smooth painted concrete. they say no lap is the same on the nordschleife. in a sense that case is true everywhere. this suspension had a lot of work put into it and feedback from DTM and F1 drivers. I wholeheartedly endorse them and i would wager its hard for any aftermarket company to come up with a suspension system that would show a tangible performance improvement over them without costing serious money and giving up the comfort for a street car.
So are you saying the M3 adaptive suspension system is lighter than the M3 passive suspension, or lighter than the standard F30 suspension?