01-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #19
Sleeper
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M, 2024 M2, 2006 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warranty P View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
First off I'd like to thank Shah, Zayne, Isaiah and the other guys at SSR Performance for helping me with all my needs and answering all my questions (and there were a lot of them). Great group of guys and a great shop. Second thank you to ProTuningFreaks for such an amazing product with all the features that i was looking for. Ive had my tune for about a week and thought id share.

Install: Install was easy and took a few hours. I got some other stuff from SSR so it took a little longer than just the unlock. Most of the hours i spent watching car videos on youtube and Netflix. Now keep in mind i was very hesitant on removing my ECU but the guys made me feel comfortable and talked me through the whole process and let me observe part of it.

First Impressions: Soon as the engine was fired i had huge smile on my face the GTS roar is one of my favorite features of this tune. And my neighbors are happy now that the cold start sequence has been removed. When i took a test drive the car felt and behaved the same as stock which was great but when it boosted it was a whole other animal. So much torque it kept pinning me back in my seat as the RPM's raced to redline. The sound of the turbos spooling was intoxicating. I was in disbelief of how much faster my car became. The only problem was my tires couldn't handle it. Im still on my original PSS that the car came with and they are almost done. Definitely invest in a sticky set of tires because your'e gonna need them to put all that power down. This s55 is very potent and power was there throughout the whole rpm range in every gear. Throttle response is immediate especially in the sport plus setting and something that i will have to retrain my right leg to work with. The car idles the same as stock and didn't have any hiccups so far. The DCT tune was noticeable too when shifting at the top range. I especially like that fact that they threw that in there as one of the features. This is how i imagined the car would be when i first picked it up.

Final Thoughts: This past week i have been able to evaluate the tune to the best of my abilities. Now i don't have a droid device so i cant data log and all that good stuff yet but they're coming out with the ios pretty soon. The Bootmod3 Stage 2 is the best bang for the buck by far. And i considered a lot of different tunes. Its a very livable tune for a daily driven vehicle and since they're running less boost than most gives me a piece of mind about long term reliability. I am excited to see what i can do with some better tires and some more room to play with. Overall i am beyond happy with this tune and am glad i went this route. I cant wait to see and use all the possibilities with bootmod3.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1325105

Give it a try. You wont be disappointed .
You just described JB Stage 1 piggyback. How much did you pay to have your tune installed?
How so...?
Appreciate 0