Trued
Trued
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelric View Post
The car certainly performs better in a straight line with the DCT and likely performs better at the track with the DCT.

Regardless, to me, it's much more fun to have three pedals, and that's why my M4 is ordered with the 6 speed.
At my age of 49 I have my very first Automatic transmission. 4-5-6 Speed cars of the SAAB brand has been my previous car life. But the DCT sequential double clutch IS the very best gearbox "decent" money "deliver". I am not missing that third pedal on the floor. The DCT should be the standard box for the M4. I am aware that BMW is contemplating scrubbing manual transmissions. One reason is the much higher service/repair costs of the sticks compared to the bullet-proof DCT. I am 100% in love with the DCT. Smooth slik evening drive with my wife through central Stockholm (just as smooth as the DAF 66 Variomatics in the 1970ies), or hard hitting gear changes on a racetrack. With DTC it is Your choice.... I feel like a million dollars having made the right choice in the car world. M4 delivers at a very reasonalbe amount of money
Appreciate 0